Telephone and In-Home Consulting and Training for Families
Expertise in Understanding the progression of dementia, identifying, recognizing & validating the feelings and emotions of both the person with dementia and the family member is key. Learning to read non-verbal language and recognizing the underlying emotion is more important than the words. Letting go of our own expectations. Identifying triggers and providing emotional support where possible. Telephone consults billed in 15 minute increments
Specialized Dementia Training for Providers, Management, Professional and Direct Care Staff
Understanding Dementia, Dispelling Myths, Identifying and meeting underlying emotional needs, New communication skills, Relationship building; staff/resident, staff/staff, and management/staff. Creating a safe, trusting and loving enviorment, Importance of Management Support (listen, learn,respond), Reading Non-Verbal Communication, Validating feelings
Comprehensive Multidisciplinary Care Coordination for Families
This unique and holistic care coordination service will not only enhance the quality of life for our seniors, but also remove some of the traumatic & unnecessary emotional & financial roller coaster that most families have to endure. Advocate for you and your loved one!
Care coordination may include:
- Communication with the person with dementia, family members, and caregiver decision-makers regarding aspects of care;
- Communication with agencies serving the person with dementia;
- Senior and/or family education to support self-management;
- Identification of community resources;
- Facilitating access to care as needed; follow up & coordination with provider and responsible party is critical
- Assist with maintenance of a comprehensive plan of care directed by the physician or qualified healthcare professional.
- Other services on request
Care Coordination Support for Providers
Provide Contract Support Services, including follow through, for Providers that focuses on elimination of information fragmentation and communication gaps between providers, families, hospitals, physicians, outside support services, social workers, discharge planners.
Community Training and Conference Presentations on Dementia
Many Available: Customized for interest & audience Click on tab above under education and click on Educational Presentations for ideas.